Re: Pioneer Head Unit - Opinions Please!

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sat Jan 16 1999 - 18:25:13 EST

Roger Heim wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I had a local dealer offer me this Pioneer head unit:
>
> http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/premier/deh-59dh.htm
>
> He offered it to me at $350.00; when it was discontinued the list price was
> $380.00.
>
> I have no problem buying last year's model; I don't want a system that will
> shatter windows 5 miles away; I just want a CD with decent sound.
>
> What do you all think of this? The dealer doesn't know that I now know it
> is last year's model, what do you think I can get him down to?
>
> Or should I wait until the 1999 models are out?
>
> Roger
> '98 SLT CC 4X4 Light Driftwood 5.2 Auto

> Computer Rule #1: It works better when it's plugged in.

Robert, Can't find my Crutchfield catalog, Dam Kids. I believe the newer
model has a seperate RCA for a Sub, if thats important to you. I believe
this years model is the way I'm gona go. I'd check the price though
30 bucks off list doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. Just my 2
cents. If I can find the catalog, I'll tell you what the latest models
going for. Bob