Re: Stillen (Bob Mankin)

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sat Jan 16 1999 - 18:43:09 EST

Bob Mankin wrote:

> bnich@bellatlantic.net wrote:
> >
> > Rick Holzapfel wrote:
> > >
> > > Bob,
> > > As far as I know, the Grille is $199.00, the bumper cover/ spoiler is
> > > $345.00, and the roll pan is $213.00.
> > > And yeah, I want one too, Group Purchase Time !
> > > -Rick 98 Black RC

> > Rick, Thanks. I'll have to start rollin my pennies! Bob
>
> Guys,
>
> Prices on those should be a little less than that. I bought these very
> pieces a couple of months back from Ultraperformance in Tucson,
> AZ(www.ultraperformance.com). I got the cover, the main grill kit and
> the valance grill. Still haven't installed them yet, as I'm waiting on
> some other items to get them painted all at once. I can't seem to find
> my invoice at the moment to quote exact prices.
>
> Gotta warn you though, the instructions that come with these(or more
> accurately, should come with them) are a joke. I had to pester them for
> instructions and what was faxed to me was really lacking. I actually
> went by Stillen during a trip to LA and snapped some photos of their
> truck as a visual aid. Even still, it wasn't any picnic fitting the
> grill cover and insert. You end up cannibalizing the stock piece for it.
>
> Bob

Bob, I ordered the Stillen Bumper Cover yesterday. I was wondering if
you put yours on yet? Could you tell me how much lower it comes down
versus the stock grey valance? Hows it go on doublestick? Do I leave my
old valence on? Hows it fit, around the lights.
I haven't figured out what to do with the grill as of yet. I want to see
how the chrome bezzel will look with the cover, maybe I'll do something
with some expanded metal. Maybe black expanded metal if I leave the
grill bezel chrome or s/s expanded metal if I change the bezzel. Anyone
have any ideas?
BTW my lowered pics are up on my profile Regards, Bob Nichols