Re: Intake Manifolds

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 01:34:57 EST

In a message dated 1/16/99 8:44:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG writes:

<< . I know some of you have modified these and I know there have
 been articles written about the modifications. What I need to know is what
 works and what doesn't, HP gains and where in the powerband these gains
 occur. This is the next step in the Stage II TB evolution >>
   Frank,
    As you know, I did the intake mod to my 5.9. It, in my opinion is the
perfect complimentary modification you can do for your TB mod. Mopar Muscle
claims 10/12 HP. I'd agree with that, but the kicker is, it compliments the
TB mod in the way that that hp and torque appear, its mostly mid and upper RPM
band. MM claims it will raise your shift points about 300 RPM. Now since I
don't know what my shift points would have been like prior to the mod I cant
verify that at all. Did the mod at the same time as the 5.2-5.9 swop.
    Over all, how could anyone say it isn't worth doing? You'll love it.
Eric