Calif DAK meet video (currently in HI-8 format)

From: mike.burgess@akamail.com
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 12:03:10 EST

Calif DAK meet video (currently in HI-8 format)
  We had a great time, (if I can speak for others)
 Anyone have a streaming video capture that could
digitize about 30 min fo video. I'll copy to VHS-hi-fi
and mail it off to you.
Scenes include:
DAKS parked in parking lot
DAKS with hoods up
DAKS in another lot with hoods up
A nice close up of The Bruce & Frank TB , with Bruce
 narrateing it, a stage 1 vs stock, and hints of stage 2 & 3
  (subject to trademark secret release OK'd by Bruce & Frank,
   or is it F&B?)
Lots of Wind noise, folks on the beach is Tee shirts and shorts. (Mid Jan in Calif)!
DAKS on the beach.
DAKS in soft sand, with people pushing on bumpers
DAKS driveing off into the sunset, on the beach.
   End of DAK content

 Well, since I got my camcorder, I have friends wanting me to make movie clips
to post on WWW sites, and I have a few clips I'd like to put on CD or e-mail.
I'm looking for a video capture card, I guess 30 frames/sec is the speed /
streaming that I need. Haveing the option to MPG compress the images, or save
them an several of the many video formats is important.
 I'm lookng for suggestions for a PCI based card, and does anyone make an
A/V card that has:
Sound card, Video card, and sound & video capture? Or am I dreaming that this
would all fit nicely on one card? I plan on useing my HI-8 camcorder as a audio
recorder, and pipeing it into a fairly good sound card for CD burning. Right now,
I have a soundblaster clone, that works, but I'm sure it's far from audiophile quality.

Mike B.

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)