RE: DML Digest V4 #190

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 07:56:42 EST

T.:

The first time I did my plugs on my '97 at 45k miles
(I know, better late than later :) I almost had to
have the dealer do it! They were definitely not torqued to
spec. (WAY OVER!) I brought it in for an oil change and
asked if they could crack the seal on the plugs. "We'd have
to charge for that". My ASS I'm going to pay someone for
5 minutes of work (that would be $30 for 5 minutes).

I said 'F' it and wrenched 'em myself. A 15 minute job took
an hour. BUT they are torqued properly now.

-travis
(thinking, shoot, time for plugs again!)