StageII

From: Dave G (wknthdg@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 12:41:49 EST

Bruce,

I'd like to order a stage II (or III, please keep me posted if the "III"
version works out) made from a new core, with no exchange & the air
horns removed, for my 98 Durango. What "custom stuff" were you referring
to in your reply and at what cost? I am in no rush for this, but just
want to get on "the list" My address is...

Dave Gillock
23078 Courtland
Eastpointe, MI 48021

Thanx again,
Dave Gillock

>From: "Bridges, Bruce" <bbridges@alarismed.com>
>To: "'wknthdg@hotmail.com'" <wknthdg@hotmail.com>
>Subject: TB info!
>Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:25:32 -0800
>
>Hey Dave,
>
>In respose to your email:
>1. What is the difference between the Stage I and Stage II version?
>The stage one retains the stock Holley #11 butterfly plates. The stage
II
>uses custom bronze plates that are .010 thinner than the holleys and
.020
>bigger in diameter. Flow rate for the stage One is around 635 cfm,
stage II
>is around 700cfm. Both are CNC ported, and come with a stainless steel
>reduced profile shaft, stainless button head hold down bolts,
instructions,
>gasket and a phone # to call if needed!
>
>2. Will either result in decreased MPG for daily use if the leadfoot
factor
>is
>not imposed?
>No, But you must modify your driving style to keep the same mileage.
The
>temptation is to use the new bottom end to its fullest!
>
>3. Can 87 octane be used for both?
>Yes that is what I use (never had pinging stock ) on my R/T with a
stage II
>TB.
>
>4. What do you charge for both
> versions (with & without) a TB exchange?
>$90.00 The proces is you order one, tell us what type of core option
you
>need (used or new). If you want a new core, we buy it, modify it and
ship
>it to you. You get it, install it and pay us $275.15 if you like it or
send
>it back if you dont. (185.15 for new core including new TPS and IAC,
90.00
>for the modifications)
>for the used core option, we build you a TB from our stock of cores,
ship it
>to you, you install it, and if you like it, you send us $90.00 + your
old
>throttle body. If you dont like it, you send it back...No core charge,
no
>money out of pocket...But there may be a few week wait once you order
>one...DML only special treatment, as a matter of fact these are DML
only
>TBs!
>
>We can make the TB with or without the air horns removed, either stage.
No