RE: Manifold Gasket.

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 12:40:01 EST

Bill,
I will guess your gasket is OK. I have one of the K&N FIPKs'. I can't
remember if you have one of these or not. The buildup that accumulates on
the blades, lower TB, and the plenum is significant. I believe most of this
is coming from the valve cover breather tube. This tube comes up inside the
filtering element. All that crud is going directly down the intake. I'm
going to correct this with an external breather filter. It should clear up
immensely.
I removed the TB and washed it thoroughly one evening. It doesn't take to
long.
Rich - Ashburn, VA