Shift Kits

From: Scofield, Erin (Erin.Scofield@qwest.net)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 16:06:34 EST

I've noticed some undesirable shifting habits in my '93 Dakota.  It shifts
into second gear before I even clear an intersection (shifting at about 2000
rpm/15 mph).  It will hold second for the proper - this is subjective -
amount of time/speed.  Also, it will hold first just fine when I'm pulling a
horse trailer (5500 lbs total, including horse).  I've heard about shift
kits and wonder if they will fix this or if there's something else I can
do.  I don't want to make it a manual shift, I like the auto, but the quick
shift out of first is driving me crazy.  Does anyone have some advice?

Thanks,

Erin Scofield, Dakota Chickie
1993 White on Red CC, 5.2 L V8 Mag (318), A518 trans., 4x2 --It's all stock
except for the 30/950/15 BFG Radial All Terrain's