RE: never as easy as you think

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 08:24:29 EST

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:53:52 -0500
From: Patrick and Kelly Engram <shetland@erols.com>
Subject: DML: never as easy as you think

>" "We'd have
>to charge for that". My ASS I'm going to pay someone for
>5 minutes of work (that would be $30 for 5 minutes).
>
>I said 'F' it and wrenched 'em myself. A 15 minute job took
>an hour. BUT they are torqued properly now. "
>
>- -See, that's what's the problem when you try to earn a decent living in
>this business. If they had spent the time you did, then it's money down
>the drain when they can earn productive money. Shoot, especially if you
>waited til 45K to do the first set, I bet they were going to be a pain.
>Half the problem is getting the plug wire boots off without tearing the
>wire apart.

[TBS] Good point Patrick. I was just being a 'sally'. It gave me
a reason to go buy more tools. Spark plugs are something anyone should
be able to do, kinda like changing your air filter. Small things I usually
try to do myself (given time...) but major things I let the pro's do.

Something like, say, a camshaft in a sideways V6. Yeah, right, lets see
me (a computer engineer) figure that one out. No way pal, here's your
$1000.

<SNIP>
> I am all game to charge a fair price for honest work, nothing comes
>free, baby. But I am dead against ripping off someone.
<SNIP>
[TBS] Hey, I thought all tire guys ripped people off ;^)

yeah, I was being lazy. I figured it would only take 'em a second to crack
the seal. But, hey I did it and I'm happy I was able to do it myself...

Soooo, patrick, any good deals on Dueler AT 693's coming up??? (31x10.5
please :)

> My $0.02
>Patrick

I see your $0.02 and raise you one wooden nickel

-travis
If someone asks 'a penny for your thoughts' and you put in your $0.02,
where does the other penny go???