Subject: Re: Weird Experience / Gremlins

From: Patrick Blossom (stdpwb11@shsu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 15:39:13 EST

The reason that your RPMS went up is when you are doing a constant speed and
you tap your brake you are unlocking you torque converter. Your truck must
be an automatic. I had a torque converter replaced in my Camaro and I asked
them what the difference was between a lockup torque converter and a
nonlocking one. And he took me out on the highway and showed me that if you
tap the brake that the torque converter unlocks. I guess it locks so that
you can cruise at a lower RPM.
-Patrick B.

Had something weird happen today. While driving up the hwy tonght, doing