DML:1.7 & R/T cams ----> Jam'n was: mopar cam for magnum engines

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 20:10:49 EST

>>The RT cam is definently a winner though. Make sure to
> install the new springs and retainers. Those Crower 1.7 rockers really
work
> too, consider those as well.<<

I'm not sayin' anyon'es wrong or anything, but I remember on the list
when someone said that the 1.7's didn't do well with the Mopar R/T cam.
Something about the grind.... Jam'n knows what I'm talkin' about. I don't
remember the exact problems that occured, but it was determined that
the 1.6's were better for the Mopar R/T grind for some reason. I'm thinkin'
that the R/T cam wasn't radical enough so the 1.7's didn't work well or
something. I do know this: You can use the 1.7's on anything other than
the R/T grind, so.......... =)

-mike uuuuhhhhh.... oh yeah... D