Re: Re: Re:check to see if limited slip is on truck

From: Peter Anthony (panthony@pcn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 13:21:28 EST

From: Peter Anthony on 01/21/99 01:21 PM

Does it have a build sheet in the glove box?

gary.shook @ mci.com
01/21/99 12:53 PM

Please respond to dakota-truck@buffnet.net

To: dakota-truck @ buffnet.net
cc: (bcc: Peter Anthony/Physician Computer Network)
Subject: DML: Re: Re:check to see if limited slip is on truck

The method we always used (not as much fun...) was to jack up the rear so
both tires are off the ground- and with the transmission in neutral, turn
one rear wheel while watching the other... if the other wheel turns in the
SAME direction, you have a LSD, but if it turns the OPPOSITE direction, you
don't.
Gary Shook

>Yup, easy. Step and hold on the brake, and then stpe on the gas. If both
>wheels are spinning and you tail starts to move out form under you, then
>you have the LSD, if only one wheel spins(usually the passenger side)
>then you don't. :O)

<snip>