Re: bad vibrations!!!

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 14:32:28 EST

Densteadt, James wrote:

> Has anyone yet found a solution or a dealer that found the solution to the
> vibration most people are getting in their R/T's when you reach 85mph. If
> so let me know the fix and if the dealer will take care of it. If not,
> report the problem and maybe if enough of us complain they will get it taken
> care of. Thanks
>
> http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/ivoq/default.htm
>
> or
>
> call the DOT Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236) or
> 1-800-424-9393
>
> James Densteadt
> Orion, MI
> 98 R/T CC
I had the vibe until after 5,000 mi. I have 12,000 now and it is
completely gone. In my ignorant opinion, I think it's just a gear wear,
break-in type thing. At first it was LOUD at 80 + mph. Now, nothing at
any speed, and I did nothing to fix it but drive it. Hope it works the
same for you. Alan S.