Re: Turbochargers

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 00:39:01 EST

<< Yep , PSI is Pounds per Square Inch of Pressure . I think the reason they
 can do it on 4-bangers is because they are usually set up with a lower
 starting compression ration as most small turbo motors so that they don't
 grenade when the turbo kicks in . Another side note , I have never seen a
 turbo with more than 50k miles on it that didn't squirt oil out of at least
 a few places . That's what you get when you are basically pressurizing
 everything .

I learned an interesting way to overcome turbo lag. Spray the motor with
nitrous and use a boost sensor to shut off the nitrous when the turbo reaches
boost. That way you get the bottom end torque, with the turbo top end boost.

Brad