Re: E.T. reductions by lowering tailgate?

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 12:05:35 EST

>From: Sam Parthemer <srp@home.com>
>Don't laugh, but I actually take off my ant., wiper arms, and
>fold in my mirrors :P
>
>Sam '95 SLT

Hey I'd never laugh at anything that might improve et's. I actually
planned on taking my wipers off last time I ran, but just forgot it.
I'd like to do a "project ET" on my truck. Take off things like wipers,
antena, bug shield, and what I think is a big drag on mine the ground
effects, rear bumper (see how it wraps around the outside edges and
scoops in air?), front bumper, remove the tailgate, spare, keep maybe
1/2 gallon of gas, empy the windshield washer bottle, power stearing
bypass belt and take the fan off, skinny tires up front, drag slicks,
put in a single bucket seat, take out my cd changer, jack, and any other
loose stuff inside, remove door pannels, don't eat for two days prior
and then race nude, run it on a cool dry evening..... <pant pant> wheh!
I kinda got carried away there, but it'd be a cool-ass project! I think
I could see a low 14 with all the above stuff done, maybe a high 13....
Uh, does it show I'm bored at work today?

---Mike, near Houston.---
 Coming soon, pics of my dual bumper dumpers!!
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html