RE: Amateur Radio and noise

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 12:10:11 EST

sounds like a bad ground.

Joel

http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Gallimore [mailto:rgallim@geocities.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 1999 8:08 AM
To: List, Dakota
Subject: DML: Amateur Radio and noise

I have a 97 Dakota sport and I am an amateur radio operator. I have a
problem with radio noise. I will be driving down the road and an open
carrier will appear in the 146 - 161 MHz range. It may appear in other
places but I have not checked. It looks like it may be ignition related
because when I accelerate, there is a hum that get faster (if that is
the correct term). It only happens sometimes and usually appears and
disappears in the same trip. It starts out broken like the squelch is
just being broken but turns into a solid sound. Before I go and replace
everything I am looking for experiences or suggestions.

Thanks
Ron, KC8JFK
ICQ#: 2522310