Re: Jet chip

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 14:38:00 EST

BJones2292@aol.com wrote:

> I have been looking at jet performance catalogs for the past couple of days,
>
> there is stage 1 chip and a stage 2 chip listed for 318 v8 dak. Then there
> is a powertech control module .. what do i need or where can i get the right
> one.
>
> the place i went to yesterday said my truck doesn't use a chip it uses a
> module but then i have to take my brain box out of my truck send it away so
> they can reprogram it to work with the module and it would take about 2 to 3
> weeks i can't go that long with out my truck and they said it will cost 300.00
> $$ it seems a bit high i think..
>
> Help me out Dak lovers where can i go to get this and how much should it cost
> and what exactly do i need. IF my truck doesn't use a chip stage 1 or stage
> 2 then why is it listed as such.
>
> Brent jones
> 99 Dak 4x4, v8 318 dual exaust y-pipe with two glass packs, and an air
> raid intake. any many more so i won't bore you guys with the rest..

>Please, wait and get a MOPAR computer. You didn't mention the YR model,
>but I assume it's '95-'99. Don't mess with the aftermarket comps, they
>don't work as well as MOPAR, at least in the past '95 back. If your Dak
>is '97-'99 then go to www.mopatparts.net/partsrequest.htm and request a
>comp for your truck. You would be helping us all while helping yourself!
>Alan S.

I completely agree with Alan on this one wait for the MP Computer.
I spoke with Ron at Z industries a few months ago when he had
just finished work on the MP computer. He said it gained 14 Hp
at the rear wheels (How much you want to bet MP claims 22-25 HP
although MP says flywheel HP). Anyway along with raised shift points,
A/C cut off for 10 seconds and raised rev limiter it's worth the
wait. Just keep e-mailing.

Mike Catlin