Re: tranny noise in reverse in r/t

From: buster (buster@tekdata.net)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 22:59:32 EST

I have a 99 dakota automatic also.and guess what, after 600 mile i developed
a tranny noise in reverse,let me guess, does it sound kinda like a power
steering pump out of fluid??
anyway there is a service bulliton out conserning this noise,chrysler refers
to it as a buzz....
they make a kitt for this called a buzz kit,on mine they just replace the
valve body on the tranny,i picked it up yesterday,the noise is gone but i
can still hear the tranny,personally i think this aut trans is
junk...........i have a question for you,is you 1-2 shift drawn out and
sloppy when COLD??then as it warms up, does the shift apear to be normal??