Bosch +4 update

From: Mitzi & David Fishman (fish@ihot.com)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 22:29:05 EST

I've had +4's in my '99 Dak for a week now, and here are my
impressions. First of all, I'm not having the same problems that Tom
has experienced. I think he's either got a damaged wire or something,
but mine are sparking just fine. Immediately after installing the
plugs, the engine fired up very quickly. Now, after a week, it seems
like it's actually sparking up a bit slower than it did with the stock
plugs. I had some pinging soon after installing the plugs, but that's
gone away, since filling up with Chevron.

After two tanks of gas, it looks like my "in town" mileage has improved
by around half a mile per gallon. *BUT* it looks like my highway
mileage has actually *decreased* by about one full mpg. The around town
mileage is a pretty big sample...driving to work and back all week.
However, the highway miles were just a jaunt up the freeway to my mom's
house today and back...total of about 45 miles...and it was rainy/windy
today. So, I won't put a lot of confidence in those miles.

Overall. No b i g deal. I'll give these plugs another 1000 miles or
so and see what happens. Then, I might just chuck the plugs and put in
some decent Autolite Platinums (they make a big difference in my beemer)
and go with it.

Also have a set of Magnecor wires on order from a local shop, so it will
be interesting to see what happens after I swap those out.

Headers should be in sometime late next week...I'm really anxious to see
what happens then!

Cheers and have a great weekend,
fish

ps. I spanked a late model Chevy fullsize 4x4 (who says we can't drag?)
in the rain today. He punched it off the line next to me and caught me
by surprise. So, I nailed it and by the time I reached 50mph, I had him
by two truck lengths. He must have had flowmasters or something, cuz
damn that truck made a lot of noise for not being very fast :) I love
this thing.

fish
'99 CC SLT+ 5.2 4x4 (I just noticed...my new license plate is