Another opinion on aftermarket ingnitions

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 23:37:38 EST

Just thought some of you would appreciate this . This guy is the owner of
Century Performance , an online performance parts dealer .

I had originally inquired about a brass cap and rotor , and he responded
that the factory units were probably as good as I would really need unless
I was doing NOS or something . I then asked his opinion on adding units
like the MSD and Jacobs to the stock ignition . He is also strongly against
any "hype" plugs (Splitfire , etc.) .

Please keep in mind that this is only ONE opinion , and not even mine , I
just thought it was interesting .

>>At 02:15 PM 1/23/99 -0800, you wrote:
>>> Not that I know of , you would be surprised, but the OEM cap and
rotor design is a good one. Better plug wires help and DO NOT put any
"gimmick"