Re: THANKS for the Help! w/ Bad Knock Problem with New Plugs

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 20:50:56 EST

<< I haven't figured out what went wrong yet, but I wanted send a quick note
 of thanks to all that sent suggestions and ideas... THANK YOU!

 I'd check the codes if I could but I have a '98 so I'm SOL and have to
 guess at what's wrong unless I want to take it to the dealer, ugh! I did
 get a wire tester today to see if any of the plug cables are damaged and
 some dielectric grease. If the wires check out I'll go to the cap, rotor
 and coil as has been suggested. If all else fails (and I have to admit
 defeat :( I'll put the stock plugs back in.

 A couple of notes:
 Some other guys are running the +4's with no problems so I'm not down on
 the plugs... I think I did something or have got something wrong.
 I pulled one of the plug wires off and started the motor... I'll be damned
 but the engine still idles smooth with only 7 cylinders running. I didn't
 rev the motor 'cause I didn't want to do any damage... It sure makes
 diagnosis hard, though.
 Lastly, it's been raining here and I'm holding off trying to figure this
 out 'till it dries up (one less variable to worry about :-).

Tom,
     I hope you get this ordeal sorted out very quickly(it has to be
frustrating); when you do please post the results/findings. Once again, GOOD
LUCK!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6