WTB: Steel Wheels and Swampers

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 00:55:21 EST

Next month I'm headed out to Fort Hoot, TX to do some 4x4'n and I am
interested especialy in finding another set of rims for my 98 Dak. I'd
like to get at least a set of 15's, probobly 8-10" accross... Just curious
if anybody has some they want to get rid of.

As for tires I haven't made up my mind.. I've see that swampers do well in
rocks, sand, and mud, but I also see that the are really bad about holding
mud. The local tire shop is recomending Yoko's for about 150.00 each.

I only have my tortion bars maxed and am stock on the rearend although
tomarrow I'm calling the spring shop to see if I can add a leaf to the
rear.. I should be able to get 2-3" for next to nothing. Depending on how
the truck preforms I will eventualy look into a front suspention lift so
that I can fit some 33's on her. Right now I think I would be pushing her
to get 32's on. I have 30's now (Wrangler STs, I think) They have been
good for now..

Does anyone use Buckshots? Thoughs things used to do grand in the mud...

I'm up for suggestions and keep in mind, I'm basicly a pan handler.. :)
Dennis Baker
Lake Charles, LA

98' Black 4x4 CC SLT Dak - 318, Loaded, K&N, and a 2" Lift.