Bad Knock Problem was:Misfires -- STILL NEED HELP!

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 00:46:30 EST

Knock/Ping under load, can be caused by:
Too hot of plug. (Tip glows like a deisel glow plug
Carbon Deposits glowing
Timeing too far advanced
Octane too low.
Engine lugged down, try downshifting, or disengage overdrive!
mixture too lean

Retarded timeing can help, octane boost can help,
water injection can help, and a lighter load can help.
  The manual states that 87 octane should work, and if
a dealer sets timeing back to "cure" it, your mileage will
suffer. Ther could also be something wrong too, but it's the dealers
job, however compentent he may/may not be, to try to fix it.
 Could be a simple bug, if the dealer kows that there might be a
TSB for this. I thought I saw some mention a while back for
Pinging TSB.

Mike

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that