Re: WTB: Steel Wheels and Swampers

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 10:09:49 EST

At 01:11 AM 1/25/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:55 PM 1/24/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>>Next month I'm headed out to Fort Hoot, TX to do some 4x4'n and I am
>>interested especialy in finding another set of rims for my 98 Dak. I'd
>>like to get at least a set of 15's, probobly 8-10" accross... Just curious
>>if anybody has some they want to get rid of.
>>
>>As for tires I haven't made up my mind.. I've see that swampers do well in
>>rocks, sand, and mud, but I also see that the are really bad about holding
>>mud. The local tire shop is recomending Yoko's for about 150.00 each.
>>
>>I only have my tortion bars maxed and am stock on the rearend although
>>tomarrow I'm calling the spring shop to see if I can add a leaf to the
>>rear.. I should be able to get 2-3" for next to nothing. Depending on how
>>the truck preforms I will eventualy look into a front suspention lift so
>>that I can fit some 33's on her. Right now I think I would be pushing her
>>to get 32's on. I have 30's now (Wrangler STs, I think) They have been
>>good for now..
>>
>>Does anyone use Buckshots? Thoughs things used to do grand in the mud...
>>
>>I'm up for suggestions and keep in mind, I'm basicly a pan handler.. :)
>>Dennis Baker
>>Lake Charles, LA
>>
>>98' Black 4x4 CC SLT Dak - 318, Loaded, K&N, and a 2" Lift.
>>

>Hmm.......SS Boggers are what most people seem to use in the mud. I have
>some buds with Boggers on their Jeeps. I don't know what you mean be "hold
>mud". If you mean that they "clean out" slow, that's not what I have seen.
> They clean out fast, and spit mud everywhere(cool!). I would say to go
>with the Boggers. Just my $.02.
>
>I've heard Ft. Hood is a blast, never been myself though.
>
>btw: One of my friends runs 33x14.5s on a 15x8 rim. It's possible, not
>recommended, though. I think Boggers come in a 31x12.5 too. I don't know
>for sure.
>

>Brian

Cool, thanks I'll check them out today.. Yep, Ft. Hood is a blast, I have
seen three videos from there.. My friend plays FB for A&M and the buch I'll
be going with are all from A&M along with some other folks who hook up with
them there.. I think we're supposed to make a two day trip out of this
up-comming event.

In fact if there are any of you guys in TX that want to hook up with us out
there I'm sure nobody would mind.. I missed the last trip on the 13th of
Jan. I heard that they had around 200 trucks at the gate.

The upcoming trip is Valintine Weekend. The 14th of Feb.

Thanks Brian

Dennis Baker, Jr.
dbaker@deltech.net
President/CEO/CIO