RE: fast rice rockets

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 11:40:55 EST

I saw it too. Power braking would be very easy in a front wheel drive. Just
set the emergency brake. It still goes to the rear wheels. Where did you see
the 1/4 times? The only time I saw was the yellow turbo'd mini van that ran
14.20. The white Civic that they did quite a bit on, they said would go from
0-60 in 3.3 seconds and the 1/4 speed was 120mph. They also mentioned that a
stock Civic would 0-60 in 8.8 sec. That guy did some serious work on that
car to make it go that fast. Of course he also had a REAL V-Tech under the
hood too. That didn't hurt him. They did sound very funny. With all of those
people doing that in southern Cali, it makes me wonder how they are all
getting those things smogged. I bet they all have their friends do there
smog checks.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar Headers, DDBC (Does not sound like a
bee hive!)

<snip>
Did anyone else see the show on TLC about cars. At the end they had a
spot about all the rice burning civics and such. THey talked about
how bad they were with NO2 and a laptop computer. Some were running
in the 9's and 10's but most were lucky to see 15's. Sounded like a
really big beehive. One civic had a set of big slicks... on the
front! Looked really funny doing a burn out. Wonder how they power
brake? Anyway, just thought it was amusing and wondered if anyone
else had a good laugh about it.
<unsnip>