RE: fast rice rockets

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 12:43:32 EST

>I saw it too. Power braking would be very easy in a front wheel drive.
Just
>set the emergency brake. It still goes to the rear wheels. Where did
you see
>the 1/4 times? The only time I saw was the yellow turbo'd mini van that
ran
>14.20. The white Civic that they did quite a bit on, they said would go
from
>0-60 in 3.3 seconds and the 1/4 speed was 120mph. They also mentioned
that a
>stock Civic would 0-60 in 8.8 sec. That guy did some serious work on
that
>car to make it go that fast. Of course he also had a REAL V-Tech under
the
>hood too. That didn't hurt him. They did sound very funny. With all of
those
>people doing that in southern Cali, it makes me wonder how they are all
>getting those things smogged. I bet they all have their friends do
there
>smog checks.

The cars are totally impractical with only a driver's side seat, no
interior, etc. etc.. Here in So. CAL. I've seen a few run 11's and
12's... The engines are like my jetski motor... 100-200 Revs. from
blowing up. Most of the cars are hacked up with all the money on
the engine (turbo, nitrous, exhaust). Some take out the right side
headlight and make an induction scoop out of it!! Smogged??? Heck if
you can take apart a car that far, putting it back together for a smog
check should be a snap... Though most of the cars probably won't
last more than 2 years, so smogging won't be an issue.

Did race this weekend, did terrible, and Bruce even beat me!!! I spun
2nd gear for about first 300'... I did beat him once, and I also beat
a XJR!!! He hit the rev. limiter at the 1/8th, and I past him like he
was broken down :P He came back and I had him by a bumper bolt.

He had traction problems on the next run (like we did all day) and
spun his tires the entire 330'....

On his 3rd run he rolled out...spun a little to around the 60',
then said 'C-YA' to an import... He ran a 100 mph trap against me,
and a 99 on his second. I heard on the loud speaker a trap speed of 107
mph...

"SMOKINN!!" - The Mask

A pure luxury car, that'll wax a New Gen Camaro, Mustang, etc...
Gotta love it!

Sam '95 SLT