RE: Aftermarket Hood:FUNCTIONAL HOOD

From: Vladimir Ryall (vladimir@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 14:08:47 EST

Does AAR have a website?

VLADIMIR
96 Indy "FASRAM"
http://home.austin.rr.com/fasram/
http://www.indyram.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net]On Behalf Of chris
tesinsky
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 1999 12:38 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Aftermarket Hood:FUNCTIONAL HOOD

>From: a strain <abody@bellsouth.net>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: Aftermarket Hood
>Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:57:03 -0500
>
>The east coast customs non-functional ram-air hood that I was planning
on
>was a bust. The lady I talked to said that once I got the hood I was
mine
>regardless of problems. I DON'T THINK SO.
>
>That leaves me with either a stell cowl induction hood or non
functional
>twin scoop hood similiar to the 73-74 era roadrunners. Anyone know of
>another option?
>
>Later
>Allen Strain
>67 Cuda - 71 Twister (V3X) - 78 Magnum - 99 RC R/T
>-

I have an AAR FUNCTIONAL Ram Air Hood, only problem is that the air box
for the hood won't be out till Feb. If you look in the back of Mopar
Muscle you will see the ad for their hood, and the picture is of the ram
air hood on a DAK. The hood is $379 and the air box is $149. The hood
is beautiful and I am very happy with it, except for the air box. It
took my friend and I about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to put it on. We aren't
mechanics, nor are we ignorant, but I would say that would be average
time. All holes are there, only problems run into are:

1) The hood liner clips (Plastic) from the factory don't work so well
because they are designed to hold into .047" sheet metal, not .250"
fiberglass. Fix, get some plastic anchors and some washers. There are
only dimples in the hood, so you have to drill it out if you want to use
your hood liner. I used 2" washers, which I made at work (I run a laser
cutting machine) to help support the liner.

2) I don't know where to mount the under-hood light, because I am not
sure of the shape of the air-box.

3) You have to cut your hood liner so the air box will mate with the
inlet tubes.

4) You have to have your hood sanded, primed, and painted. It is only
gel-coated from the factory.

Chris Tesinsky
'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC