RE: RE: Pioneer (MIKE) -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 17:27:46 EST

I'm gonna' take a crack at this, even though I had a hard time
uderstanding your post (it's noisy in here..hehe) The main reason a lot of
companies went to the RCA style connectors is for ease of installation. It
takes a lot less time to plug and RCA into the amp than the solder a
speaker cable and crimp connectors and all that stuff (which is why I
refuse to install amps anymore). Another reason is: pre-amping a signal
allows for more processing and a stronger and cleaner initial signal.
Clean = good. The 4V pre-amps as opposed to the speaker outs is a
different deal. The pre-outs for the amp are cleaner than those for the
speakers. Not much, but enough to notice if you were to amplify the
speaker outs as oppsed to the Pre-outs. It's all about a clean signal when
ampin' your rig. You CAN use the speaker outputs, but you'll be much
happier if you use the RCA route (and your stress level will be much
lower.. hehe) Just about any amp made within the last 5 or 6 years has
RCA's on it somewhere. I highly recommend it, especiallyif you're
anywhere near as picky as me =)

-mike d.