Re: fastest R/T

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 09:10:50 EST

Boog318@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/25/99 8:38:02 PM EST, shetland@erols.com writes:
>
> > I think Shane's ran a 14.3??
> >
> Yup, he is the fastest I've heard of. Not many mods either. He did have a
> pair of M/T's. Were they slicks? I'm not sure.
I know there were witnesses to this. I called him on it because nobody
runs 14.3, even with ALL the mods. The mph was low though, lower 90's I
think, so it probably happened. I'll never want to believe it, even if I
see it. I haven't been able to run my truck since the track closed for
the season in OCT '98. Re-opening 6-7 FEB'99. I have added the
Mopar/Leach headers, ported T/B and Drag radials since then. Ran a best
of 15.1 before. Hopeing but not betting on my 1st sub 14 sec
run. Alan S.