RE: high octane... a waste in money

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 08:43:44 EST

You're right. "Solved" shouldn't have been the word here. (More like...a
good alternative solution.)

Running an Octane Booster isn't a fix for carbon buildup, but
sometimes...it's a cheaper fix for older vehicles than rebuilding/refreshing
the engine.

I used to run Chevron Regular Unleaded in my Dak (when I first purchased it)
and have tried several other brands (BP, Shell, Texaco, and Conoco). I
found that in my case (with all current modifications) that the Chevron
Super Unleaded (93 out here) ran best. Did I try Octane
Boosters...well...of course. Did they work, not really...Atleast not in
this application.