RE: high octane... a waste in money

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 10:17:34 EST

All this talk about detonation is interesting. Mine has never pinged once
and it is a Ram with 3.55 gears. Why should a little Dak with 3.92 gears
feel like pinging? I am running the Jet II right now and yes I put high
test in it, but It has never knocked. What we all need though is some
aluminum heads with a nice compression ratio. Aluminum transfers more
heat out than cast iron. If the M1 intake works on our trucks heads, why
wont an edelbrock head made for the old 360/340/318 work on our blocks
too?

Bill
'97 SS/T
www.angelfire.com/nc/spuppets/index.html