Re: RIMS FOR SLICKS (DANA)

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 19:08:51 EST

Yes, it is more economical to burn the slicks , but I have already done a
number on my RSAs .

WHat I was thinking was a tire with a lot taller sidewall that you can get
in a 17" tire so that it would flex slightly instead of spinning .

When I was at Moroso last September in the 90 degree heat , I spun every
time except once , when I actually hooked up .

Thanks for the info .

At 06:17 PM 1/26/1999 EST, you wrote:
>The first part of my last post got lost somehow. It said I believe Shanes
>14,3s because I too have run 14.32 at 93.8 etc etc etc... I use a set of
>Durango 15x8 rims with the 26x10 Mickey Thompson ET drag. They work real
well
>but I really didnt have a hard time hooking with the RSAs. I was running
>consistent 2.0s with the radials, and run the same 2.0 with the slicks. I
got
>the slicks so I wouldnt have a chance of spinning off the line in
>eliminations. The drag radials will work nicely too. I have noticed though
>that the stock radials are really good after a serious burnout. it is much
>more cost effective to burn off the slicks than the RSAs though.
>
>Dana

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html