RE: fast rice rockets -Reply

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 20:14:14 EST

> living in a rice infested neighborhood,<<<
>
> I feel your pain. Around here, they all have stickers on them
> (nothin' says
> stylish like a sticker across the hood that says "hyundai power") and
> most of them cut off the muffler and put a huge tip on it so it
> might sound
> good, but I think we all know what they sound like =) I spank them
> routinely, but they never give up. I'm convinced some of them think the
> stickers add performance "I'm gonna' get me another sticker and go find
> that black dakota!" I talked to one dude who actually thought that his
> exhaust tip increased his performance. He didn't beleive when I said that
> the tip doesn't restrict exhasut flow at any point. He could have
> a 15" tip
> and it wouldn't help. I went to the local rice shop and that was a
> nightmare... I don't wanna' talk about it... =)

The Ricers around here have taken to forming "clubs", this one club that has
been my favorite target is called "Beyond Reality". One dude installed NOS
on this ricer over the weekend and tonight pulls up next to me on RT 1&9,
starts to show off(bouncing the car,racing the engine). Now anyone in their
right mind would know somethings up,right? So did I. Light turns yellow I
bring the RPM's up to 1500 for the launch, light goes green I dump the
clutch and take off, we do not even go 20 feet when I hear this BOOM, not
your ordinary BOOM, but F*CKING BOOM. and I hear something hitting the cap.
So pull right into the gas station on the corner to see what's up (knew it
wasn't me!). The dude coasts in minus a hood and lots of smoke!! The dude
blew his head clean off the block!!!!! I mean GONE! (BTW the what was
hitting the cap was oil and pieces on there way back down). Dunno where the
head went to, didn't want tohang around long enough to find out (you know
those siren noises off in the distance). Nobody was hurt (except for an
engine, and an ego or two). Dude said he "just put it on", no adjustments,
nothing! Thinking of making a blast shield..

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd