RE: fast rice rockets -Reply

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 02:14:45 EST

At 10:46 PM 1/26/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>Ya mean no one on the list watched the Import vs. Muscle Car shootouts on
>Pay Per View about 7 months ago? The winner was actually a Mazda Rotory.
>Sorry...No Dodge's this time...Guess the DML people need to show them who's
>boss 'round these parts. :)
>
>It was funny though...Turbo'd, Blown, and Nitrous'd Rice Burners that
>launched...well...broke their CV Joints (and axle assemblies) on launch.
>BAHAHHAHAHHAA...
>
>I admit...they are cute little cars...but the STILL is no substitution for
>Cubic Inches and good old fashioned . HA!
>
>Although, the winner actually deserved it. Rotory engine still put out the
>most power per cubic inch than any other engine...and it's still a 2-stroke.

I've heard some fishy stuff about the Import vs. Domestic races. Like, the
fact that some of the faster (7 and 8 sec) street legal domestics aren't
allowed to compete or are turned down at the gate. I don't know if it's
true, but that's what I've heard. That RX-7 is pretty smooth, but it
overheats if it runs for more than 15 mins. He even tows it to the staging
lanes....

But still, watching Hondas blow up is amusing.=)

Now where's that 604 cu Hemi?? hehe...I wish!!

Brian