re: Audiophiles---Attn:Jim Miller

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 07:59:00 EST

Mike,

I did not know that Canton made car stereo equipment. I can, however,
comment on their home speakers. They are REALLY sweet! My brother has a set
that he got years ago, hand finished, very small, but with an incredible
(and clean) sound. His Cantons are a little smaller then the small Infinity
speakers, but the sound quality of the Canton over the Infinity speakers is
clearly noticeable. Once (a long time ago) when we were both home from
college for the summer, we had a little stereo shootout while our folks were
away. His little Canton's vs. my bigass Cerwin-Vega's - of course, his
receiver was a little nicer then mine too, but those little Canton's did a
good job of drowning out my C-V's. The Canton's are German made and of very
good construction, if the car stuff is anything like the home stuff, you'll
be happy!

Duff

Jim, you have been around the block as far as audio goes. Have you ever
heard of a company called Canton? I head a pair of their separates the
other day.....sounded better than the Boston Pro series. I was so shocked
and pleased I am demong two pairs! I guess they are big into home audio in
Europe, let me know if and what you have heard of them.

Michael Guzinski
1999 Club Cab SLT
318 Auto 4X4
Metallic Red