Re: New member with a question

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 18:20:51 EST

Garfield Jones wrote:

> Well Hello, Name's Nate, I don't currently own a Dakota but I do lust
> after It. I plan to buy a 99 SLTCC this summer but can't decide weather
> to go with the 4 wheel ABS or the Rear wheel ABS. I've heard pro's and
> cons for both. Is rear wheel ABS alone good enough?

I have an R/T with rwal. I don't miss what I've never had but I'll say
this; my truck has never failed to stop me even when "testing" from very
high speeds. It's more than enough brakes for anything short of a road
race type of thing. They fade a little under HEAVY use, but emergency
stops are plenty good. As for wet weather stuff, I haven't had to or
wanted to test that. I just try to be extra careful when it's wet, it's
a short wheelbase with posi. It gets sideways on dry pavement. Alan S.