Re: 60' time importance, was: RC R/T 1/4 mile times

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 09:44:11 EST

In a message dated 1/27/99 8:11:07 PM EST, O26ON4@aol.com writes:

> To put things in proper perspective and for comparison purposes, those who
> post their times may want to add the 60 ft. time, since it tells if there
> was
> a traction or bog problem, etc. at the start. Roughly, for the average
> street
> vehicle, a 60' time of 2.00 is pretty good. Another rule of thumb is that
> for
> each 1/10 improvement, the 1/4 mile time should improve by 1 1/2 tenths.
> Steve in Houston

Best times for me:
60' 2.38 2.32
1/8 10.08 9.95
1/4 15.54 15.36
On my worst run I had a 60' of 2.59 and a 1/4 of 15.93 I spun through first
These are all done with fresh BFG 235 75's all terrain truck tires. And good
weather (60 deg with no humid) and low alt.
Not bad, but it aint gonna get me to Indy!
Boog
92 318/518 4x4