Re: Thanks DML! was:Friggin' Hesitatin'!!!!

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 09:49:33 EST

In a message dated 1/28/99 8:07:30 PM EST, MSykes@su.edu writes:

> Here's the plan: Fuel Filter first, if
> that doesn't work then I will do the O2 sensor, and it if THAT doesn't
> work, it's off to the dealer for a Fuel Pump... wish me luck! =)

Mike
Didnt you say you were hearing a rattle-like noise coming from your converter?
I would check that before the fuel pump. You can test the pump by checking the
pressure with an in-line gauge. Leave the pump as the last resort. Your
EGR may also be culprit. Make sure that is opening at around 2000 RPM and
closes below that. If its staying open you will get hesitation and hard
starts when its warm.
Hope this helps
Boog