Re: nx's nitrous kit for the 318 & 360

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 13:05:27 EST

Just be careful with it .

I like the NX kit too , but I know that if I get it that I would end up
becoming a true addict and would push my motor to the breaking point .

I am having visions of a certain riceboy's head flying through his roof
after a loss to a fellow member .

Just my opinion .

At 12:37 PM 1/29/1999 EST, you wrote:
>I just got off the phone with Kevin at Nitrous Express (the company that put
>the nitro on the 360 Dodge Ram in the new truckin' mag-March 99) located in
>Wichita Falls, Texas. They sell a 75-100 hp kit for the 318 and 360 for $560
>for the basic single stage kit and $899 for the bottle warmer, pressure
gauge,
>and some other misc. filters tubes and other safety items, (as savings of $70
>over buying it separately) He said although it voids the warranty it can be
>taken of in minutes with leaving a trace. The test was done on a stock 5.9
>engine with 189.5 HP at the rear wheels and after the 100 HP kit was added it
>maxed out at a posted 312.3 HP at the rear wheels. (Now, if you have seen
this
>article the numbers they post at the different RPM's don't match the MAX HP
>rating of 312.3... they actually show a Max of 285.1 at 3800 RPM. So I asked
>Kevin about these numbers and he said he didn't get the chance to proofread
>the article before it went into print. He said that the actual MAX PEAK HP
>was 344 at the Rear wheels! ), This was at a lower RPM than was listed, thus
>the difference in numbers. He also stated that they misprinted the size of
>the fuel jet as needing to be larger than the nitrous jet...he said this is
>untrue because of the high fuel pressure. The article states that a 50-100HP
>kit is safe enough for daily driving when used intelligently. Only when you
>reach 150 or more HP do you have to have a buildup of the motor to allow near
>bulletproof operation. So I am going to pass on all the fancy throttle
>bodies, computers (Kevin said that the stock computer was used in the 5.9
Ram)
>, exhaust, and other go-fast goodies for now and get myself this kit (and
>maybe a set of slicks!). It has been posted that these trucks can run low
>15's-high 14 stock....can you say 13's@100+mph! for under $600!

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html