nx's nitrous kit for the 318 & 360

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 12:37:29 EST

I just got off the phone with Kevin at Nitrous Express (the company that put
the nitro on the 360 Dodge Ram in the new truckin' mag-March 99) located in
Wichita Falls, Texas. They sell a 75-100 hp kit for the 318 and 360 for $560
for the basic single stage kit and $899 for the bottle warmer, pressure gauge,
and some other misc. filters tubes and other safety items, (as savings of $70
over buying it separately) He said although it voids the warranty it can be
taken of in minutes with leaving a trace. The test was done on a stock 5.9
engine with 189.5 HP at the rear wheels and after the 100 HP kit was added it
maxed out at a posted 312.3 HP at the rear wheels. (Now, if you have seen this
article the numbers they post at the different RPM's don't match the MAX HP
rating of 312.3... they actually show a Max of 285.1 at 3800 RPM. So I asked
Kevin about these numbers and he said he didn't get the chance to proofread
the article before it went into print. He said that the actual MAX PEAK HP
was 344 at the Rear wheels! ), This was at a lower RPM than was listed, thus
the difference in numbers. He also stated that they misprinted the size of
the fuel jet as needing to be larger than the nitrous jet...he said this is
untrue because of the high fuel pressure. The article states that a 50-100HP
kit is safe enough for daily driving when used intelligently. Only when you
reach 150 or more HP do you have to have a buildup of the motor to allow near
bulletproof operation. So I am going to pass on all the fancy throttle
bodies, computers (Kevin said that the stock computer was used in the 5.9 Ram)
, exhaust, and other go-fast goodies for now and get myself this kit (and
maybe a set of slicks!). It has been posted that these trucks can run low
15's-high 14 stock....can you say 13's@100+mph! for under $600!