Power Pulleys

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 22:24:15 EST

I just got an order from Summit and they included a brochure from March
Perforamnce Engines. It has a billet alum. pulley set for the V6 & V8
magnum engines. There is a "performance" set for a claimed gain of 12hp
or a "power & amp" set for a gain of 10 hp. I am interested in the
"power" set but it says that you only use a 6 groove belt with it. the
"perforamnce" set uses the stock 7 groove belt. Does anyone know if
there would be a problem with going to the 6 groove belt? The ad claims
that the "power" set is "EXCELLENT for towing and heavy stop and go
driving". How much different can the other pulley set be if it is still
using the stock belt? Has anyone ever used or checked into these
particulr product? I am going to call tech support monday and ask and
will post. BTW, the power sterring pulley has to purchased seperatly.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC sport - k&n clone