Re: Power Pulleys

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 08:31:14 EST

The difference between the sets is that the "performance" set uses a
different size alternator pulley......Thus, a different belt is
needed....The other pulley set uses different size pulleys, but the
combinations end up being the same distance around the pulley path as stock.....

I have the pulleys on my 92 Dak....(the first year for V8's!!)......

I like them....the dash lights dim a little on my Dak when at a stop with
all accessroies on, but I have never really had a big problem with
discharge....\\

Good luck!

At 10:24 PM 1/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I just got an order from Summit and they included a brochure from March
>Perforamnce Engines. It has a billet alum. pulley set for the V6 & V8
>magnum engines. There is a "performance" set for a claimed gain of 12hp
>or a "power & amp" set for a gain of 10 hp. I am interested in the
>"power" set but it says that you only use a 6 groove belt with it. the
>"perforamnce" set uses the stock 7 groove belt. Does anyone know if
>there would be a problem with going to the 6 groove belt? The ad claims
>that the "power" set is "EXCELLENT for towing and heavy stop and go
>driving". How much different can the other pulley set be if it is still
>using the stock belt? Has anyone ever used or checked into these
>particulr product? I am going to call tech support monday and ask and
>will post. BTW, the power sterring pulley has to purchased seperatly.
>
>Jeff Durling
>'96 RC sport - k&n clone

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!