RE: 97 Dak front wheel bearing

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 23:28:20 EST

spindle nut should be 185 ft. lbs.

Joel

http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Robert A [mailto:RAMiller@sycamore.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 1999 12:20 AM
To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
Subject: DML: 97 Dak front wheel bearing

Hey guys,
Does anybody have to specs for front wheel bearing installation. Is it like
everything else. Tighten while turning rotor and back the nut off just a tad
to line up the cotter pin. For some reason my passenger side feels loose.
Very weird: It snowing here in So Calif. I got to drive through the snow
coming to work. I was surpassed how well it cruised down the road, as long
as you don't gas it too fast, that sure grip sure does have a tendency to
kick it sideways.

Robert Miller
97 DAK CC 5.2L 3.92SG
55,000 miles and counting