Cleaning Fuel Injectors?

From: Powell Wheeler (scmods@ufl.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 20:26:36 EST

Hey guy,

I recently bought a used 1990 dak with the V6 (only 51Kmiles). It's got
the dual-port fuel injection. I want to get some insight on what I should
do to make sure the injectors are clean. I know you can buy a million fuel
additives that claim to clean injectors, but I skeptical that 12 ounces of
anything diluted in 15 gallons of gas could really make a difference. I
know that jiffy-lube will clean injectors for like $50, but I like to do
things myself and I can't justify $25/injector.

Thanks for the input in advance fellas