Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors?

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Jan 31 1999 - 11:42:17 EST

At 07:26 PM 1/30/99 , you wrote:

>I recently bought a used 1990 dak with the V6 (only 51Kmiles). It's got
>the dual-port fuel injection. I want to get some insight on what I should
>do to make sure the injectors are clean. I know you can buy a million fuel
>additives that claim to clean injectors, but I skeptical that 12 ounces of
>anything diluted in 15 gallons of gas could really make a difference.

Those fuel additives do work and IMHO, should be part of your routine
maintenance just like changing oil and filters. They are not miracle
workers and will not make a neglected engine suddenly new again, but used
regularly (every 3K miles or so) will help keep your fuel system in good
shape. As far as your skepticism goes, try pouring 12 ounces of Karo Syrup
in your gas tank and see how much difference that makes :-)

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.