Re: RT Paint problems.

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 10:25:57 EST

IMHO: Don't accept it. You've bought two (2!) R/T's from this place and
should accept scratched clear coat? I don't think so. If I took that it
would bother me every time I looked at the truck, someone else looked at
the truck or I thought about the truck. NO way I'd accept damaged goods.

Richard in San Antonio

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 16:58:54 -0800 Sam Parthemer <srp@home.com> writes:
>Well, I am taking the RC RT to the dealership
>tomorrow to have the paint looked at. They washed
>it last tuesday when I picked it up (I noted some
>scratches on the bumper before I picked it up).
>
>Once it stopped raining here, and the sun was out,
>I noticed a lot of swirl marks, and about 6-8 scratches
>in the paint. These are SCRATCHES, and not some
>left over wax or something. Took it to the dealership on
>Thursday after work, and made an appointment for tomorrow
>morning.
>
>They said that they will look at it, and see what they can do
>(buff it out, etc.etc.) I told them that the scratches looked bad,
>and if they cannot get them out.. I want the truck repainted.
>
>Am I crazy, or should I just live with these DARN scratches?!?
>
>It IS a black truck, so even a spiderweb's fiber looks like a scratch
>on it... My fear is that the paint shop will goof, and then I'll have
>truck that's worse off than when I started.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sam '99 RT RC
> '99 RT CC
> '95 SLT CC (2 people interested in buying now, it doesn't go
>into
> the autotrader until Thursday!!! WOW!)
>ICQ#6693355

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]