Re: RT Paint problems.

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 14:30:41 EST

I got the truck cleaned at my local drivethru car wash place, and took a
good look at the truck in the sunlight this morning prior to going to the
dealer.

I've got 2 scratchs (very light) on the bed rails, the big ones on the
bumper, and
about 5 scratches on the hood. Apparently when they detailed it, they
sprayed some
crappy wax (which made the swirl marks appear). After I had it washed, the
swirl marks
weren't visible (must of been the wax). It appears they will have to
repaint the hood, and
they will do a localized airbrush of the bumper (fine with me, as long as it
looks good cause
I am going with a Sir Michaels Metal Rollpan ASAP anyway.) The hood MIGHT
be a buff
out able item, but it looks like a repaint to me. Everything else looks ok.
Wish people
who washed cars at dealerships could get a clue, and not spray that crap on
the cars.

Sam '99 RT RC