Re: nx's nitrous kit for the 318 & 360

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 16:48:33 EST

In a message dated 2/2/99 3:37:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
writes:

<<
 1) where is the nitrous introduced into the fuel system?

 2)when is it introduced into the system? (once you are in gear and movin', or
 when you hit the gas,.. when?)

 3)how is it introduced into the system ??( via switch or what?)

 Just lookin' for an edumacashun. Thanks.

Hey Joe:I just ordered my nirtous system from NX so I may not be 100% correct
but here goes: The nitrous on the wet manifold system (the one I ordered) is
introduced via a duel outlet spray nozzle one for fuel (a hose comes off your
fuel line, and a Horse Power specific jet regulates its flow at the factory
fuel pressure) into the air intake system usually before the throttle body (I
am going to tap into my homemade "air-raid") and the two: nitrous and fuel are
"fogged" and then sent into the motor via vacuum. This should take place when
solenoids are opened in the nitrous and fuel lines. This only happens when 1:
you flip the "main system switch" and then 2: a microswitch you install
on/near the throttle body is "thrown" when the throttle body is in Wide Open
Throttle. The WOT is the best and SAFEST method. It allows momentum in the
motor and is not such a "shock" to the bottom end.(The people who blow up
their motors with nitrous deviate from the manufactures recommendations and
use one switch to control the nitrous by hand sometimes without WOT . and
still others just use nitrous without the safety shutoff switches for low fuel
pressure etc and/use use the wrong jets for the system.

Go out and pick up this months Trukin' mag(March 99) it has a good article on
the system I just described. Hope that helped.
Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T