Re: Re: Re: 99 Dakota Lemon

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 06:30:35 EST

What speed/other conditions produce this "moan" in reverse?? I have a '98
V8 auto and I haven't noticed any noises in reverse...

Tom
Subject: DML: Re: Re: 99 Dakota Lemon
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 2/2/99 9:10 PM

Got back from dealer today, everything on my truck is ok now except the
tranny moan in reverse,while i was there i took the oprotunity to try out a
duranago,rt dakota ,slt ram,all new and all with auto trans,every one has
the same tranny noise in reverse,if this is normal, then why does chrysler
offer a new valve body or a so called buzz kit to repair this? has anyone
had any long term luck w/their 4 speed dodge auto trans?