Re: Mopar Computers

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (ghack2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 13:19:50 EST

That's cool. I just didn't want to get one for my 98, and then find out
that it screwed up my truck during another 1400mi trip to Kentucky.
That's all. I already run 93 octane in my truck right now, so it would
be no biggie. Now if Mopar would only hurry the hell up...:O)

Later,
Geoffrey
~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L Metallic Red~~

>Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:17:29 -0500
>From: Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann@davidson.edu>
>Subject: Re: DML: Mopar Computers
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>
>The reason I mentioned long distances was b/c of having to run 93
octane,
>thats all. I've put thousands of miles on my MP SBEC, and drive from
St.Louis
>to North carolina with it all the time. It would be nice to be able to
switch
>out, and save .20$ per gallon. (I can't, 'cause the stock comp. pings
anyway,
>but other's might.) You can easily make that $100 back with a few good
long
>trips on the stock computer.....lets see..at 17mpg you'd have to drive
8500
>miles with the stock comp switched in to save $100.....well, lots of
big
>trips.
>Later (if this post seems incoherent, please note the fact that it was
sent
>before noon...not my 'prime time')
>
>Mark Kuzia wrote:
>
>> That is not true! I drove my 94 over 150 miles a day, three times a
week
>> with the MP-SBEC! I even drove it to Utah from Michigan when the
truck had
>> 125,000 miles on it. I got fuel milage of between 17.5 and 19.5 mpg.
I had